Why you need a bankruptcy attorney in Columbia, SC?
Can you imagine performing your own heart surgery? That’s what it’s like when you decide to file for bankruptcy ‘pro se’. Instead of suffering from the consequences of filing on your own, you can hire our bankruptcy attorney in Columbia, SC.
A bankruptcy lawyer in Columbia, SC, will save you from the pains and aches of the legal process. And if you’re looking for a bankruptcy attorney near me, we are the firm to call.
Our lawyers will help you prevent the following pitfalls:
- Filing mistakes that will bar you from filing another case
- Losing property to repossession due to lack of knowledge
- Accusations of perjury and fraud
- Repeatedly dismissed case due to improper filing
- Losing bankruptcy discharge
- Spending more money while missing work
As a reliable bankruptcy law firm in Columbia, SC, we will not let you suffer from any of these. Our lawyers will work with you for a hassle-free bankruptcy filing.
The facts about Chapter 7 bankruptcy
Chapter 7 bankruptcy is also known as straight bankruptcy or liquidation. It allows debtors to sell their properties to pay off their debt. Another option is to discharge the debt to start a clean slate with the help of a local bankruptcy lawyer.
Aside from that, you should know the following information:
- Not all debts will be forgiven. This includes mortgage, real estate liens, student loans, and more.
- It will destroy your credit score. Bankruptcy will be a nuclear bomb on your credit score. It remains on your credit report for up to a decade.
- Your income matters. Chapter 7 bankruptcy has an income ceiling. This means you can’t file for it if you earn too much money.
- Filing is not free. Aside from hiring a bankruptcy attorney in Columbia, SC, you will also shoulder court costs.